Notices

my single cam quest

Old 05-03-2004, 11:35 AM
japspecprelude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my single cam quest

need help i have a 92 del sol with a d16z6 and i am wondering how much power i can get out of the engine with bolt ons like mugan ecu, cams, high flow fuel rails ,stuff like that and what would be the best stuff to get first.i all ready have a custom exhaust and air filter. also how much power could i expect from a turbo with stock lnternals any help on my quest would be very helpfull p.s i am in england and there isnt very mant tuning companys which deal with the single cam is there many in america which could supply me with all the parts
Old 05-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by japspecprelude
need help i have a 92 del sol with a d16z6 and i am wondering how much power i can get out of the engine with bolt ons like mugan ecu, cams, high flow fuel rails ,stuff like that and what would be the best stuff to get first.i all ready have a custom exhaust and air filter. also how much power could i expect from a turbo with stock lnternals any help on my quest would be very helpfull p.s i am in england and there isnt very mant tuning companys which deal with the single cam is there many in america which could supply me with all the parts

Turbo that bish & run 6-8 psi.. Best way to go unless u want to play with nitrous. I've been in both worlds & nitrous runs empty!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by japspecprelude
There isn't much to be gained from high flow fuel rails without additional upgrades (like a turbocharger), because you don't need that much fuel right now. The ECU also doesn't benefit you very much without something else on the engine. Your best bets are either forced induction or just plain swapping the engine for a B series (or both ).
Old 05-03-2004, 12:43 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

im going to turbo my z6 to. i think im going to use the greddy kit mainly because it is pretty complete and you can rebuild the turbo if it breaks. a lot of power can be found with the little d series motors, except for the non-vtecs. to learn more about that stuff, try turbod16.co or try here
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html for some more turbo info. sorry to hog your thread, but can a ball-bearing turbo be rebuilt?
Old 05-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by raiden571
im going to turbo my z6 to. i think im going to use the greddy kit mainly because it is pretty complete and you can rebuild the turbo if it breaks. a lot of power can be found with the little d series motors, except for the non-vtecs. to learn more about that stuff, try turbod16.co or try here
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html for some more turbo info. sorry to hog your thread, but can a ball-bearing turbo be rebuilt?
There are rebuild kits out there for every turbo!
Old 05-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only way to get power out of that one cam wonder is turbo...
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-03-2004, 01:03 PM
SRT_Andy

Boost it. Check out www.turbod16.com if you want some great examples of boosted D's.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
bambbrose

turbo really is the only way to get decent numbers out of a sohc honda. I've heard of some NA ones for track racing but honestly the amount of work that would have to go into a d series to push out even ok numbers really isn't worth the money. Just turbo it or if you have the money get a swap.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:51 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

yeah, all motor d's arent a good idea unless you are applying a full race application
Old 05-03-2004, 08:16 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raiden571
yeah, all motor d's arent a good idea unless you are applying a full race application

:werd:......i found out the hard way.......i am having over heating problems now, synchros are goin out, eats alot of gas.....if i had alot more money to learn from trial and error i would of resleeved, new pistons, port and polish...etc...but for all that money you can boost that bish....i should of before i blew my money on N/A bolt ons.