Notices

car aligned.. pics inside

Old 04-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Xplicid01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeterkm02
i still dont see how photoshoppin his car has anything to do with the topic... but i did my own photoshopping, not my best, but itll do for now.

good ol common SI blue, with a carbon fiber hood
o ya that pretty sweet. nice hood.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:47 PM
illicon2003

that guys a ****ing liar. You don't need adjustable toe arms or whatever. You don't need a camber kit by the way, well maybe to fix the camber, but you don't need one. You're tires won't wear that bad.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:53 PM
madtownhonda

Your camber isn't going to chew up tires....your toe settings are pretty conservative so it shouldn't be a problem with uneven tire wear. You are definetly not maximizing your cars potential with that setup but if your just looking for even wear, you got it.

I've got -2.5 up front and -1.8 in the rear with zero toe front/rear. Ingalls upper arms all around....$200 for the front, $80 for the rear, and another $60 for the alignment.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:43 AM
NoRiCeHeRe

Originally Posted by illicon2003
that guys a ****ing liar. You don't need adjustable toe arms or whatever. You don't need a camber kit by the way, well maybe to fix the camber, but you don't need one. You're tires won't wear that bad.
Originally Posted by madtownhonda
Your camber isn't going to chew up tires....your toe settings are pretty conservative so it shouldn't be a problem with uneven tire wear. You are definetly not maximizing your cars potential with that setup but if your just looking for even wear, you got it.

I've got -2.5 up front and -1.8 in the rear with zero toe front/rear. Ingalls upper arms all around....$200 for the front, $80 for the rear, and another $60 for the alignment.
You both must not know anything about suspension if this is really what you think. :huh:
Old 04-02-2004, 09:33 AM
madtownhonda

Originally Posted by NoRiCeHeRe
You both must not know anything about suspension if this is really what you think. :huh:
At least I know that toe is what chews up tires. At his front camber settings, his 1/16" total toe out won't be much of a problem. You start getting any more camber than -2, I would start thinking about using 1/32" total toe out or even zero toe out up front and in back. The rear settings aren't ideal but it still shouldn't be a big deal if he rotates ever 3,000 miles.

Oh...and if you want to get a camber kit. I recommend ingalls over junk2 any day. Keep the front at like -1.6 and the rear at -.8, your car will feel a little better after you've done this. Get your rear toe back in somewhere around 1/32", put a 22mm rear sway bar on and your good to go.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

Originally Posted by NoRiCeHeRe
So what do you know then Smartguy? I ran 35000 miles with -2.5 degress of camber all the way around my car, at the end of 35000 miles my tires were on the wearbars on the outside and bald on the inside, unever wear, well but just barley. Incorrect toe is what wears your tires out quickly becasue your tires are being dragging across the pavement like this / \ or this \ / . Camber will make your tires wear unevely but it will take a long time for this to show up as long as you not running some extreme camber (-3.0 +) on your car. Camber kits are nice if you are going to want to adjust your camber a lot, but if you have lower your car you bouvsly you want better handeling so why remove the camber goodness that you just gained by putting a camber kit? BTW You know that the Factory settings for cmaber are any where between -.25 to -1.25 to be in factory specs?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Tang

Originally Posted by Solracer
So what do you know then Smartguy? I ran 35000 miles with -2.5 degress of camber all the way around my car, at the end of 35000 miles my tires were on the wearbars on the outside and bald on the inside, unever wear, well but just barley. Incorrect toe is what wears your tires out quickly becasue your tires are being dragging across the pavement like this / \ or this \ / . Camber will make your tires wear unevely but it will take a long time for this to show up as long as you not running some extreme camber (-3.0 +) on your car. Camber kits are nice if you are going to want to adjust your camber a lot, but if you have lower your car you bouvsly you want better handeling so why remove the camber goodness that you just gained by putting a camber kit? BTW You know that the Factory settings for cmaber are any where between -.25 to -1.25 to be in factory specs?

dont worry hes always right (he thinks so when it comes to cars) ahhahahahhaahhha im jk rob.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Xplicid01

i got a way better deal on the skunk2 control arm, otherwise i proably would have got ingalls. ill update u guys when i raise my car a little and instal the control arms and the rear kit.