Notices

Unadjustable Castor

Old 03-23-2004, 11:39 PM
workman92
snow and ice driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unadjustable Castor

Recently Curbed Civic Hb 92 kind of hard and the Castor is sort of out but they said at the alignment shop that if it doesnt tear tires off its ok. What else could this do ? It seems to drive ok still. This is also unajustable so it would mean some arm or something is bent.

What to do?

Also can other people give me some stories of when they have cubed their car so that i feel better.

CURB means hitting straight cement curbs that are around corners ETC.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2004, 04:42 AM
Spood
Sucka

Originally Posted by workman92
Recently Curbed Civic Hb 92 kind of hard and the Castor is sort of out but they said at the alignment shop that if it doesnt tear tires off its ok. What else could this do ? It seems to drive ok still. This is also unajustable so it would mean some arm or something is bent.

What to do?

Also can other people give me some stories of when they have cubed their car so that i feel better.

CURB means hitting straight cement curbs that are around corners ETC.

Thanks
I curbed a rim like 2 months ago. Took a 2 inch chunk of metal out of the rim. I was too impatient to to try and find a single rim, so I ended up just buying a whole set of slightly different wheels. Also, I may have blown a shock, but I dunno.

When I first got my car, it had a bent trailing arm...cost about $400 in labor to have replaced (it was december in MN, I couldn't do it myself), and I got the part at a junkyard for ~$45. List price from Honda: $300.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:53 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

If your castor is off, you have a bent control arm or knuckle. Did they tell you how far it was off? Camber and toe are more serious as far as tire wear, but castor will affect turning and the feel of steering a lot.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:07 AM
Spood
Sucka

Originally Posted by Bakeoff
If your castor is off, you have a bent control arm or knuckle. Did they tell you how far it was off? Camber and toe are more serious as far as tire wear, but castor will affect turning and the feel of steering a lot.
Dude knows what's up.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:37 AM
bambbrose

Originally Posted by Bakeoff
by feel of steering one thing I have noticed on cars with incorrect caster is a harsher snap back for the steering wheel.

he is correct caster doesn't affect tire wear, only drivability