Notices

No Sol, no Bakeoff

Old 02-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sol, no Bakeoff

I've been on this board for far too long to see the sol forum whiped out AGAIN. It has been combined with the civic forum before, and I can only imagine it will return. But until then, I get to say my famous quote. "**** it, I'm out!"

The sol is different from the civic in so many way, and we have so many members on this board with that have the expertise about sols. The problem is that there are so FEW sols, that when a questions is asked about them, the civic owners out number us by so much that it makes it impossible to get help.

Civic owners THINK they know sols. Sit, have they owned one? I have owned a 91 CRX, two 93 sols, and a 95 hatch. The 5th and 6th gens have more in common with the crx than the sol. How many civic owners know about when the seals were updated on the roofs? How many civic owners know the difference between the JDM, EDM and USDM DRIVING lights? How many know the difference between the JDM, EDM and USDM HEADlights? It's an odd ball, and always will be an oddball. Until it's back, hell yeah, I'm gonna be a cry baby about it. I know there are a lot of people on this board that know me for having and sharing some good info. Sorry.... I'm done sharing...
Old 02-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Bakeoff
I've been on this board for far too long to see the sol forum whiped out AGAIN. It has been combined with the civic forum before, and I can only imagine it will return. But until then, I get to say my famous quote. "**** it, I'm out!"

The sol is different from the civic in so many way, and we have so many members on this board with that have the expertise about sols. The problem is that there are so FEW sols, that when a questions is asked about them, the civic owners out number us by so much that it makes it impossible to get help.

Civic owners THINK they know sols. Sit, have they owned one? I have owned a 91 CRX, two 93 sols, and a 95 hatch. The 5th and 6th gens have more in common with the crx than the sol. How many civic owners know about when the seals were updated on the roofs? How many civic owners know the difference between the JDM, EDM and USDM DRIVING lights? How many know the difference between the JDM, EDM and USDM HEADlights? It's an odd ball, and always will be an oddball. Until it's back, hell yeah, I'm gonna be a cry baby about it. I know there are a lot of people on this board that know me for having and sharing some good info. Sorry.... I'm done sharing...

so teach us...maybe one day we can help a soler down the road with said information
Old 02-25-2004, 08:38 PM
rtpassini

theres so many nice civic guys out there. but theres more assholes....as to the reason why this ****ing sucks.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:39 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

Hey, this is another civic dude that dont know jack about sols. I definitely feel for you, its ridiculous that they have to throw sol owners in there with the millions of civic owners. that does nothing for the sol guys. split it back up, i want bakeoff here to help! hes a great guy.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Later man. I too have left this board for months on end only to return and return again. Man we have been on this board long.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:41 PM
supermac88
not OG but Old School

Bakeoff helped me with my swap it will be sad to see him gone.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:43 PM
rtpassini

theres a lot of helpful/nice sol guys...actually all of us were pretty damn knowledgable and nice....but its not our choice. we were moved without even asking us our opinion....
Old 02-25-2004, 08:44 PM
gots_a_sol

[...]

go here, sol owners are actually wanted there
Old 02-25-2004, 08:44 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
so teach us...maybe one day we can help a soler down the road with said information
Ok...

The seals were changes in 1995, and reduced leaks dramatically.

USDM and JDM AUX lights (driving lights) are the same fluted plastic, using the same bulbs as the reverse lights, while the EDM sets are clear-lensed glass with H4 bulbs.

USDM headlights are the same fluted plastic as the USDM AUX lights, with H4 bulbs. EDM heads are fluted glass with H4 bulbs. JDM headlights are highly sought after, because they're unified with the corner lights. Fluted plastic, H4H bulbs with city lights.

Consider yourself educated, but since I know most of you Civic owners don't give a smelly shit about Sol-stuff, I have just wasted 3 minutes of my time.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Thanks for the light specs. I have never heard the term "fluted plastic" before in my entire life. All I know about Del Sols is that they are not as heavy as everyone says they are and they were the first US civic to come with a B16A3. So in a way they were the pioneer of the B16A in the U.S.

Quick Reply: No Sol, no Bakeoff