Notices

Forum Redesign

Old 02-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Daniel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tib
Del Sol people, we don't have to deal with this. If we don't like it we can always just find another place its not the end of the world, and if we like it we can stay.

I already suggested ImportLove, their Del Sol forum has been empty for quite some time now and I figure if we liked what we had here at HAN, we can just go there and have it.

http://www.importlove.com/forum/show...threadid=13409
You're right, you don't have to deal with it. If you like, I can take care of your account so that you don't have to.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Civic2Scooby

compassion dear drumsy...compassion...everybody is just a lil upset with the changes...soon the unrising will fade away much like the sig pic shouting match....:goodjob:
Old 02-25-2004, 12:20 PM
supermac88
not OG but Old School

seriously why are Sol owners acting like Civic owners are the dregs of society we drive the same friggin cars for christs sake.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:21 PM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally Posted by gots_a_sol
if we are complaining about it, it obvioulsly isnt 'enhancing our time here'

p.s. i tried posting that in one of the other threads, but it got closed as i was typing
I have to agree. And who is this new guy Ashani? Feb2004? Did some noob put some money into HAN to become and admin and change everything around?
tib
ex-soler

You're right, you don't have to deal with it. If you like, I can take care of your account so that you don't have to.
woah woah woah... I wasnt saying kick me out and never come back kind of thing. I'm just saying I feel that us Del Solers liked the tight community we had, and if we wish to keep that kind of feeling I'm sure we can find it and maybe even use both as valuable resources. I personally purchased a Del Sol because it was a little different from my 4 door Civic yet still similar, and I have commonly used the Civic forum for information. I just don't like the loss of the Soler community for the convenience of two mouseclicks.
Daniel

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
compassion dear drumsy...compassion...everybody is just a lil upset with the changes...soon the unrising will fade away much like the sig pic shouting match....:goodjob:
This is compassion! You should see me when I'm angry!
Old 02-25-2004, 12:23 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

This blows, the Civic forum overwhelms the Sol forum like no other...our Sol-specific threads have already been buried! There's no logic to this! It's not saving any disk space, it's just disorganization.

If it ain't broke, why break it?
Old 02-25-2004, 12:25 PM
izod

I may be new here, and I don't wish to overstep any bounds - but aren't the Sols fundamentally different? Its not better or worse than the Civic, just different. Marketed to a different community - group of people - than the Civic. Unique issues come up with the Sols - leaks, creaks, space issues, targa threads, etc. that may need examination and comment by those with other Sols. With the increased traffic in a communal board, one may miss an important thread that deserves attention because they must now sort between Civics and Sols. I guess I just liked being able to ask a question and know that people with my car were looking at it, and not having to go through so many threads that they look over it.
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tib
woah woah woah... I wasnt saying kick me out and never come back kind of thing. I'm just saying I feel that us Del Solers liked the tight community we had, and if we wish to keep that kind of feeling I'm sure we can find it and maybe even use both as valuable resources. I personally purchased a Del Sol because it was a little different from my 4 door Civic yet still similar, and I have commonly used the Civic forum for information. I just don't like the loss of the Soler community for the convenience of two mouseclicks.
I know we're a little afraid of change here, but calm down, and try to see it for what it is. We're trying some new things and we'll see how it goes.

Del Sols are Civics. I respect you guys just as much as the other guys out here. One is not better (in this sense) than the other.

Try not to be so abrasive and roll with it man.
sxecrow
Banned

Originally Posted by supermac88
seriously why are Sol owners acting like Civic owners are the dregs of society we drive the same friggin cars for christs sake.
When I need help with my Del Sol, I prefer talking to someone with a Del Sol, who has the same car, with the same interior, the same problems that all sols have, and the same feel and love for the car.

Quick Reply: Forum Redesign