Notices

Lowering Springs Installation Question

Old 02-09-2004, 09:39 AM
roccav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Springs Installation Question

I just got my Eibach Pro Kit in today, and my friends and I are gonna install them this saturday. Does anybody on this board know where I can find a printable install guide for the Pro Kit on a 99 Civic EX? Or is there anyone who has put these springs on their car have any advice for me? Basically, all I really need to know is if there any specific tools I'm gonna need for the install that I should be prepared for ahead of time.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 10:22 AM
onebadassdx

i hope you got struts to go with the springs. but if not, it should be too bad, i got the prokit and the drop isn't so low where you would need them. but spring compressors would be a must. thats the only special tool you would need aside from the norm. make sure you get everything torqued to specs.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:57 AM
dlh1999
Runs with scissors.

You'll definitely want a spring compressor and probably a good impact wrench. It's a pretty straight forward job...I installed Sportline springs on my car last year in about 3 hours. It was my first time doing it, and I took time, so it isn't that tough of a job.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:18 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Well....I say be a man and don't use spring compressors! :naughty: I didn't and thought it was halarious when the perch flew off into the yard. Just be careful not to aim em at anything breakable....:chuckles: Other than that, a set of sockets and wrenches and maybe some WD40 and your're set. Impact wrench would be nice but not a must have. Good luck and have fun!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:01 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it depends... my lower strut bolts were stuck and I had to burn them out with a torch and take the sawzall to them... although my experience is not typical h: The process itself is a breeze, the only problems you'll run into are if you have any stuck bolts.

tools required:
good socket set (and a breaker bar)
jack stands
FSM or haynes/helms
penetrating lube is a plus too.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
it depends... my lower strut bolts were stuck and I had to burn them out with a torch and take the sawzall to them... although my experience is not typical h: The process itself is a breeze, the only problems you'll run into are if you have any stuck bolts.
I had to do the exact same thing on my rear struts...I ened up sayin **** it and just bought a set of LCA's from a junkyard cause it was easier then trying to get the fargin bolt out
Old 02-09-2004, 02:47 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
I had to do the exact same thing on my rear struts...I ened up sayin **** it and just bought a set of LCA's from a junkyard cause it was easier then trying to get the fargin bolt out
:chuckles: *cough*lazy*cough* jk
Old 02-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by 93DituneEX
:chuckles: *cough*lazy*cough* jk
well I sorta ruined teh bushings when I oxy'd out the bolt that snapped....and it was cheaper to get two LCA's then to just get the bushings...
Old 02-09-2004, 03:30 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just drove around with torched out bushings (NOT RECOMENDED) until I came across a pair of gsr lcas
Old 02-09-2004, 03:44 PM
roccav

how much of a camber issue will i have once the springs are on there?

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs Installation Question