Notices

I need support from my fellow solers

Old 02-07-2004, 12:31 PM
sky-sol
lets get funk-a-fied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the xb is nasty :nono: and the xa is :dunno: but the tc is :drool: . the first scion i saw was just last week and it was a xb, but it was still cool.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:44 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Ick. Very ick.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:54 PM
sky-sol
lets get funk-a-fied

how can toyota make a car that nice and sell it for 13,000???? it dosen't make since, unlesssssssssss they have been ass raping us with no lube for years and the Jap's have been getting rich, or is it those stupid tariffs we have on import cars????? but i want a tc now, not more than the sol though cause i'm poor
Old 02-07-2004, 12:59 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

:dunno:
Old 02-07-2004, 01:08 PM
sky-sol
lets get funk-a-fied

beats me. but i like it :yes:
Old 02-07-2004, 04:15 PM
skratchnsnift
boom

not bad
Old 02-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Falkon
still alive

Well, Kia and Hyndai have been making cars under 20 grand for years.

If this car has power accessories and A/C, which I'm asuming it does, then you'll probably get raped with cheap interior materials and quality control issues. Body panels may have uneven gap, the car may look like it was put together by APC.

Also, as to BMWs being over rated, how?

I think AT almost unanimously agreed that a BMW is an upgrade over a Sol any day.

Also, I have friends with BMWs. I have yet to see indications of quality problems. Nothing on any of the cars rattled; the car was as smooth at 90 as it was at 25. I took my friend's 525i up to it's limiter at 110, and it was impressive. I wasn't impressed with his car's control or accelleration, but that was mostly due to bald tires and his automatic transmission. He really didn't take care of the car, redlining it everywhere. It's no wonder it burned oil.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Dr. Isotope

Originally Posted by Falkon
Well, Kia and Hyndai have been making cars under 20 grand for years.

If this car has power accessories and A/C, which I'm asuming it does, then you'll probably get raped with cheap interior materials and quality control issues. Body panels may have uneven gap, the car may look like it was put together by APC.
Umm, you do know it's a Toyota, right? To compare anything put out under the Scion label to *shudder* Kia or Hyundai is obscene. They build and sell them cheap because they're just rebodies-- the xA and xB rise out of the Echo platform, and the cT has Corolla lineage.

My only knock against Beems is that every late 20's/30-something yuppie pilots a 3-series. The pogue defining car. As the numbers get higher, the cars get more elite... but the 3 will still always be the European Ford Taurus.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:52 PM
sxecrow
Banned

I've been doing the math if I sold the del Sol for around 8500 or 9000 bucks, and I could swing those payments. I really dont want to sell her, so don't worry about that guys` I'm just doing the math.

I went to the Subaru dealer today and was lookin at STi's and man ... they're nice. There was also a 2000 yellow ITR that was a theft recovery. It hurt me to see it. The seats were missing, the passenger window was broken into, the rims were stolen and it was on cinder blocks. :sad: poor ITR

They were asking 17k for that car and there is no way they would get that for a theft recover that was missing all of the important interior stuff.

I also went to the local Acura dealer and was checking out the Acura RSX-S and they are very nice but I really dont like the fact that the salesman was pushing that stupid A-Spec package on me. It's like an extra 4k for a suspension package. I told the guy what is the point when I can buy a set of coilovers for a grand and put it on myself. He kept saying "but it wont be the same" ... I agreed. It would be better :chuckles:

Oh well ... back to looking for how to put together a few grand for a down payment on my STi.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:25 PM
rtpassini

taken from Nevadas Post on AT

"....okay this is just my opinion on bmw's. i think they are hot and look really nice, but i wouldnt get one. i drove my ex g/f's dads bimmer a lot. ('99 328. completely decked out. he races it at road america, dinan supercharger, chipped, asa tuning exhaust, dinan stage 3 suspension. 18 x8 inch rims. not sure of brand, brembo 4 piston caliper brakes, the damn things are as big as my rims. haha. tons of other shit)and i was actually a bit disapointed in it. it can stop on a dime, and handle pretty well... but overall i was disapointed."

i too have driven them. and as for my ex. she has an 84 porsche 944 which is also very very dissapointing. our sols are so much better than that car. (it wasnt the s. so no turbo) a name doesnt mean its great. its my opinion...thats all...

Quick Reply: I need support from my fellow solers