Notices

bigger brakes for my h/b si...

Old 07-29-2002, 07:03 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bigger brakes for my h/b si...

i want to upgrade my brakes as soon as i can along w/ my suspension....now about the brakes, i want to make them bigger in the front and back, i dont want to get those big brake upgrade kits b/c they cost an arm and a leg. anyhow, how much bigger are integra rotors from mine, front and back. will this increase my stoping power alot....what do i need to buy to do this....i want to get cross/slotted, to i wont be needing the rotors, but what else do i need? thanks.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:16 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

I think for you to use the teggy brake setup, you'll need the entire front suspension setup to utilize the braking system.

I think it would be more beneficial if you use slotted/drilled rotors and upgrade your caliper to a 4-piston caliper. I know that Wilwood makes a 4-piston caliper, but forgot which one fits.

Besides, getting bigger rotors means you'd have to get bigger wheels to clear the calipers and whatnot. Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of your newfound JDM look?
Old 07-29-2002, 07:41 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by randomtask77
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of your newfound JDM look?
nah...not going all jdm...if it benefits me on the streets and the tracks then im going to get it...brakes is one of those things that i wont lag on. and the teg brakes are bigger but not buy much though. i mean im not upgrading to a 13 inch rotor. just want better braking, my rear rotors are tiny as fawk. the pad is only like an inch long
Old 07-29-2002, 08:34 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

fastbrakes
Old 07-30-2002, 02:26 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Remember though your brakes are only as good as your tires. People think they need bigger brakes even though they were locking up their tires with the stock package.

Getting better tires (think of it, what else is connected to the ground?) will slow your car much better than a big brake package.

With my last setup I could lock up my brakes, which meant my tire grip was lacking. I upgraded to Azenis and now I can barely lock up my car, but I can sure stop faster and shorter.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:43 PM
Luis
Civic1.6VTEC

Originally posted by CivicSiRacer

With my last setup I could lock up my brakes, which meant my tire grip was lacking. I upgraded to Azenis and now I can barely lock up my car, but I can sure stop faster and shorter.
do you have those tires for daily driving, and if you do. how well do they handle in wet/dry surfaces. and do they last?? if you only use them for the track, forget the whole question.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:06 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

Originally posted by CivicSiRacer
Remember though your brakes are only as good as your tires. People think they need bigger brakes even though they were locking up their tires with the stock package.

Getting better tires (think of it, what else is connected to the ground?) will slow your car much better than a big brake package.

you need better pads or somethin.

I can lock up my bridgestone potenza RE730's with ease.

standard EX front brakes, the rest of the braking system is off of an integra. Crossdrilled slotted rotors, AEM pads.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by airon
fastbrakes
:stupid:
Old 07-31-2002, 02:48 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by Civic1.6VTEC

do you have those tires for daily driving, and if you do. how well do they handle in wet/dry surfaces. and do they last?? if you only use them for the track, forget the whole question.
Now I do. When autocrosses were every other weekend I would switch to my Kumho 712s. Those I could lock up with the same setup.

I've had mine since January: two track days (2 hours of track time each day), 15 autocrosses, 30 laps around the Carlisle Mini-road course, and 8000 miles on them and they still have lots of tread. Toe and camber have lots to do with wear.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:49 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally posted by ManInCamo

you need better pads or somethin.

I can lock up my bridgestone potenza RE730's with ease.

standard EX front brakes, the rest of the braking system is off of an integra. Crossdrilled slotted rotors, AEM pads.

No do not need new pads. I can lock up my Kumho 712s easily.

Quick Reply: bigger brakes for my h/b si...