Notices

Harness bar

Old 01-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness bar

So, with all the talk of the harness bars lately, and the fact that I want to throw some 4 pt harnesses in this spring, since my car will be seeing a lot of track time (hopefully), I decided to say "screw waiting for someone else to do it, I'm making my own!"
This is just a rough prototype, but with a little tweaking, it should be good to go!

Excuse the nasty interior. The car has been in the garage since september, and hasn't had an engine in it for about 2 months....
Anyway, pics of the finaly product should come soon! And no, I won't be selling them, but I will be sharing how I made it. And since my name is James, I think I'll be calling it the "Jimmy bar"
Old 01-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

I forgot to mention. The reason I did this is that I was looking at all the harness abars that other guys made, and they were all far to high to be safe or effective. When I do something, I do it right, and I don't have a death wish... At least not because my harnesses aren't set up right! lol
Old 01-18-2004, 12:55 AM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Bahaha, at first I was wondering why you had speakers back there with your strut bar, then I realized I wasn't looking at your trunk. :rofl:

Nice harness bar...that was my blonde moment for the day.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by OSX2000
Bahaha, at first I was wondering why you had speakers back there with your strut bar, then I realized I wasn't looking at your trunk. :rofl:

Nice harness bar...that was my blonde moment for the day.
bwahahaha, you've seen my rear strut bar, haven't you? I made that too! :thumbup:
Old 01-18-2004, 01:24 AM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Yeah, I think I recall seeing it...the homemade stuff is always the best.

I need to learn how to weld.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:34 AM
gots_a_sol

i thought i was looking at a pic of your trunk also until i noticed the speakers, then the cover of the fuel pump

looking good so far though
Old 01-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Thanks for the encourtagement. I should probably have it finished today, if it ever warms up. Right now, it's about 12 degrees, and a windchill of -30..... No heater in the world can make the garage THAT warm.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:59 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally posted by Bakeoff
Thanks for the encourtagement. I should probably have it finished today, if it ever warms up. Right now, it's about 12 degrees, and a windchill of -30..... No heater in the world can make the garage THAT warm.
its hot and sunny down in Tampa - I drove with my top off :fawk:

what types of metal do you use? Aluminum?
Old 01-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Motohip

It sort of looks like it's not secure. Kinda floaty looking. In that possition, what interior pieces will fit, which ones will have to be cut etc.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Originally posted by Motohip
It sort of looks like it's not secure. Kinda floaty looking. In that possition, what interior pieces will fit, which ones will have to be cut etc.
Right now it's not even bolted in securely. I am waiting for a buddy to bring over his torch, so I can bend the tabs on it. Ran out of gas on mine, and I'm too lazy to fill it! But the only pieces that will need to be cut are the two side panels. That, and the rear bins will become useless, as far as I've found so far. Since the most I ever have in them is a couple cd cases, and maybe a 2 way radio, I think I can deal with it.