Notices

es oval muffler

Old 01-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default es oval muffler

ok I tried to search but it has to be a minimum of three letters so it wouldnt let me search es.....so anyhow...right now I have a big tacky fart can from my ricer phase, and I want to pick up a flat black es oval muffler. my question is, is it relatively quiet. I am sick of havin to turn up my music on the freeway to try and drown out my fart can..thanks
Old 01-17-2004, 03:00 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

The muffler wont resonate sound that much. Sound mainly depends on the diameter of the b pipe and how many resonators are in it.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:11 PM
EJcivic02
I talk Before I think

i know that WidebodyEK has or had an es oval on one of his hatches. From what ive heard, they sound pretty nice and deep.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally posted by txhatch
The muffler wont resonate sound that much. Sound mainly depends on the diameter of the b pipe and how many resonators are in it.
I have a jdm 4-1 with 2.5 piping all the way back...no resonators.....I just wanna get rid of the buzzy crappy sound, so I guess what I really wanted to know is if the es oval sounds good, cause I like the fact that it is just a 2.5 inch outlet so it will look more like factory.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:07 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've never heard it in person, but from what I hear, its fairly subdued.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:30 PM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

I think your going to want to put on some type of resonator it you want a quieter sound. I've read about mixed reviews, some say its really loud and others really quiet.

SOrry if i just messed you up with that last comment. Like txhatch was saying, it also depends on the size of the piping.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:07 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by EJcivic02
i know that WidebodyEK has or had an es oval on one of his hatches. From what ive heard, they sound pretty nice and deep.
yes sir i do,.and i still have it,..i like it alot,..my setup is USDM type R header,..Type R cat,..SI mid pipe,..ES oval muffler,..quiet while crusing but has a deep throaty tone when at WOT,..but its not quieter than my Apexi World Sport,...and i really like the look of the ESoval alot,..cops think its a stock muffler,..and so does unsuspecting cars that think i have no motor work done

Old 01-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Civic2Scooby

I am plannin on gettin the "new" flat black version since my car is black...I kinda want it to look sorta stock for the policia....I am glad you like it, I was hopin it would be a quiet cruiser with some balls at WOT....thanks.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:40 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

looks stock...but doesnt sound stock. it reminds me of the throaty sound on the Borla exhausts.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally posted by WideBodyEK
yes sir i do,.and i still have it,..i like it alot,..my setup is USDM type R header,..Type R cat,..SI mid pipe,..ES oval muffler,..quiet while crusing but has a deep throaty tone when at WOT,..but its not quieter than my Apexi World Sport,...and i really like the look of the ESoval alot,..cops think its a stock muffler,..and so does unsuspecting cars that think i have no motor work done

my brother's magnaflow muffler looks just like that h: