Notices

cold motor

Old 01-13-2004, 05:38 PM
sky-sol
lets get funk-a-fied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold motor

i was driving for about 3 hours non stop in the sol in about 40 or 50 degree weather (maybe less) and my temp gauage was only on the 3rd bar. usally it is just alittle from the middle if i had been driving for like 5 min. well the sol has not done it since that time about 2 weeks ago is there any thing wrong with running cold.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Motohip

Maybe the thermostat, but it's weird how it only did it that one time.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:23 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Mine doesn't do that unless the weather is below freezing. Then it takes a LONG time to heat up, and unless I hit long stop-and-go traffic, it will never reach normal operating temp. The cold is just too much for it.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Probably a sticky thermostat... Cold is not BAD, but it's just not efficient.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:08 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally posted by Bakeoff
Probably a sticky thermostat... Cold is not BAD, but it's just not efficient.
take it out, stick it in a pot of water. Start to boil the water and put in a thermometer. See at what degree it opens up. You'll then know if it needs to be replaced.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:47 AM
sky-sol
lets get funk-a-fied

ohhh either a bad thermometer or it was freezing that night. i wish my engine could be cold all the time and still get good gas mileage. since we're finished with that is a cold air intake really that much better than a short rakm? the lady that hit me the same day that tib got in an accident just paid me $300 i want to get an intake but i don't want to have to remove my bumber every time i have to clean the filter. will i even notice the difference between them?
Old 01-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Motohip

Originally posted by sky-sol
ohhh either a bad thermometer or it was freezing that night. i wish my engine could be cold all the time and still get good gas mileage. since we're finished with that is a cold air intake really that much better than a short rakm? the lady that hit me the same day that tib got in an accident just paid me $300 i want to get an intake but i don't want to have to remove my bumber every time i have to clean the filter. will i even notice the difference between them?
He said thermometer :chuckles:. Just get an intake off ebay for like 30 bucks. Sometimes the short ram makes the engine bog on hot days cause it's sucking so much hot air. I hated that.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:22 AM
sky-sol
lets get funk-a-fied

hey sxecrow put thermometer :fawk:. you mean those cheap ass cai that are in a million pieces? i would go aem, i just don't what to have to take off my fender to clean the filter. i don't know what i want? :dunno: i was thinkin about some black euro's since i'm gona get black rims some day? but i would really like to get at least some kinda of intake for the 'ol sol
Old 01-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Motohip

Originally posted by sky-sol
hey sxecrow put thermometer :fawk:. you mean those cheap ass cai that are in a million pieces? i would go aem, i just don't what to have to take off my fender to clean the filter. i don't know what i want? :dunno: i was thinkin about some black euro's since i'm gona get black rims some day? but i would really like to get at least some kinda of intake for the 'ol sol
But Sexcrow was talking about an actual thermometer :fawk:.

OH, I almost forgot, :slap: