Notices

Have a question about CAI on 1997 Civic DX

Old 12-26-2003, 07:02 AM
killerpony
Import Appreciator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a question about CAI on 1997 Civic DX

Hey!
I dont know anything about hondas, so please forgive my ignorance. My friend just bought a used Civic DX with a cold air intake pipe on it, and there seems to be a sensor missing or loose. Let me see if I can describe this properly:

The throttle body is on the driver's side of the motor, and the chrome pipe comes up and over the motor, ending in the filter on the passenger side. Right before it bends down to the TB, there is a bung that's empty. My friend wanted to put a small filter over that. Well there is a sensor that attaches to the TB, and from the same wire loom there is another sensor just hanging. I think it might be a mass-air sensor, but im not sure. It has an end that is gray plastic and looks like the button that you use to open a ball-point pen. The button on the back of the pen that you press to expose the ball point. I think that it should go in the bung, and it doesn't seem right to just have a sensor flopping around in there. Is this thing important? It fits in the bung but he will need to secure it there somehow. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gino
Old 12-26-2003, 07:57 AM
lkailburn
college kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya thats your o2 sensor, stick it in the hole.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:00 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, it's not the O2 sensor. It's the Air Temp sensor. Put a small rubber grommet in the hole with an opening in the center. It looks like a dohnut. Push the sensor inside of that grommet and you're good.

hih