Notices

Apexi WS II compare to original

Old 12-23-2003, 02:58 PM
ZimZimma13
Boston Dirt Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi WS II compare to original

I have the original WS. I was reading about the WSII on the apexi web site and it says this

"All WS II exhaust systems comply to emission laws because they do not modify or relocate the catalytic converter and factory O2 sensors. Since the legality of exhaust products is based on them being considered "direct replacement" parts there is no certificate necessary to issue for this series. For "add on" or "modified" parts which require an Executive Order (EO) number there is a mandate for an under hood label which must be included with the product. The WS Series is "functionally identical" to the OEM part it replaces during the condition under which emission testing is conducted. Sound levels of the WS series also average in the mid to high 80dB range."

In NH it is illegal to modify your stock exhaust in any way from Original Equipment. That paragraph starts by talking about all WSII exhaust systems but then lower in the paragraph says "the WS series is functionally identical to OEM" does anyone know if they are talking about the original and the WSII here or just the WSII? IF it is also talking about the original does anyone know where I can find that in writing ? I couldnt find it on Apexis site

Thanks