Notices

Shifting into 1st

Old 12-20-2003, 01:02 PM
silver_teg007
Mr.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting into 1st

Whats up people,

Sometimes I have a problem when shifting into 1st. For a split second it doesnt allow me to shift. Then I try again and its fine. If i really push it hard it goes in, but I dont think it should take that much force for it to shift into 1st. its 99 model. Its not always happening, but its at the point that its getting annoying now. All the other gears are fine.

HAs anybody had this issue with there Honda/Acura. Could it be my tranny fluid? or is it a mechanical problem. Let me know.
THanks.

Sean.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:08 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usually its because the rpm's are too high...if your downshifting while coming to a stop or something, just keep it in neutral til you come to a complete stop, then shit into first. However, if you are downshifting to speed up (why you would need to go all the way into first I dont know), its having trouble going into gear simply because the rpm's don't match...
Old 12-20-2003, 03:47 PM
loodboi
هونده بريلود

Default Re: Shifting into 1st

Originally posted by silver_teg007
HAs anybody had this issue with there Honda/Acura. Could it be my tranny fluid? or is it a mechanical problem. Let me know.
THanks.

Sean.
I have this issue with my '92 Civic, exactly same.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally posted by RB
usually its because the rpm's are too high...if your downshifting while coming to a stop or something, just keep it in neutral til you come to a complete stop, then shit into first. However, if you are downshifting to speed up (why you would need to go all the way into first I dont know), its having trouble going into gear simply because the rpm's don't match...
What he said...

Also sometimes if you're stopped and trying to shift into first and it won't go in I find it a little helpful to roll forward a little bit. The gears are probably just not matching up quite right
Old 12-20-2003, 04:38 PM
NickQ

Originally posted by Kestrel
What he said...

Also sometimes if you're stopped and trying to shift into first and it won't go in I find it a little helpful to roll forward a little bit. The gears are probably just not matching up quite right
Also, if you are stopped, and having a hard time getting it into 1st, put it in reverse then into first. Works everytime.