Notices

Civic Coupe D16z6 Heat not workin

Old 12-04-2003, 08:20 PM
JDMHONDACIVICX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Coupe D16z6 Heat not workin

Hey people whats good.... man its winter now and my heat dont work its ice cold air comin out even after my car is wamed up... i dunno what it is, if it the thermostat how much can i get one and where is it located on my car so i can see what it looks like or can sum one sho me a pic of it?

please thanks please help me out...
Old 12-05-2003, 12:05 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

okay,...first of all,..does your temp gauge on your gauge cluster go up and stay in the middle when the car is fully warmed up? if so then its not your thermostat,...secondly,..when you slide that knob over to the number 4, does air still blow? if so then its not your blower motor,..most likely its your heater core,..gotta take off the dash to change that bad boy,..good luck
Old 12-05-2003, 06:48 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the you still get air flow, and it's just not warm then it sounds like the heater valve cable came off or it's not opening. When you turn the heat on the switch operates a cable that opens the valve, that lets warm coolant flow into the heater core, then the blower fan blows air over the heater core (making it warm), and finally out the vents. So it sounds as if the valve is faulty or the cable came off.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

CHECK YOUR COOLANT LEVELS!!! I lost a water pump on a Subaru one time cause the engine warmed up but no heat inside. About 15 minutes later, the temp guages spiked and I pulled over and the radiator took 1 and 1/2 big bottles of premixed coolant to fill back up. Turns out it had a crack in one of the radiator hoses and was leaking slowly. Once it got down low enough, it overheated and the waterpump destroyed itself. I'm lucky the headgasket survived.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:31 AM
JDMHONDACIVICX

hmm the coolants are fine... i dunt kno what it is, and my gauge stays a lil bit below half way all teh time....
Old 12-07-2003, 10:12 AM
civickid

i gotta 98 ex and my heat didnt work either...so i brought it to a local ashop all it was was a lose hose so they just replaced it and it oly cost lik 58 bucks...its notta big deal unless u bring it and they say theres a crack in something...if theres a crack in a block or ne thing then ur in for sum big bucks
Old 12-07-2003, 11:25 AM
JDMHONDACIVICX

oo ok kewl, i hope its not a hose or anything like that
Old 12-07-2003, 11:26 AM
JDMHONDACIVICX

i doubt its a hose or anything i dont think its the heater core its either the valve or thermostat? and ai dunno where eitehr of them are located so if some one can tell me how to get to it that would be nice :-)
Old 12-07-2003, 11:42 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by civickid
i gotta 98 ex and my heat didnt work either...so i brought it to a local ashop all it was was a lose hose so they just replaced it and it oly cost lik 58 bucks...its notta big deal unless u bring it and they say theres a crack in something...if theres a crack in a block or ne thing then ur in for sum big bucks
i know 58 bucks might sound cheap to you,..but damn,..they charged you 58 dollars just to replace a freaking hose?
Old 12-07-2003, 11:44 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by JDMHONDACIVICX
i doubt its a hose or anything i dont think its the heater core its either the valve or thermostat? and ai dunno where eitehr of them are located so if some one can tell me how to get to it that would be nice :-)
i highly doubt its your thermostat but its cheap to replace it,..the thermostat is located in th block,..just locate your upper radiator hose (the one that is at the top of the radiator and is a really rrealy big hose) and your thermostat will be at the end of that hose,..the end that goes into the block,...the valve is in the dash also