Notices

Airbag Light

Old 12-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Tinks87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag Light

Hi! I have a 92 Civic LX and I noticed today that when I start it the airbag light stays on longer than the other lights and it's making a very obnoxious beeping noise, but then the beeping stops and the light turns off. I can't remember if this has happened before and I don't have an owner's manual. The car is new, to me at least, and I'm just learning to drive a manual transmission, so it gets knocked around and stalls out a lot while I'm practicing. Does anyone know what's wrong and how much it will cost to fix?
Old 12-01-2003, 01:31 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

run it into a tree to deploy the air bag then the light wont come on. im j/k, ask txhatch, hes a genius when it comes to hondas and so is westcoast and widebody ek. i imagine they know how to fix ur problem. good luck man
Old 12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
illicon2003

airbags suck.........they cost around 800 dollars to put back in..what you should do is sell your steering wheel and replace with aftermarket one without air bag........and bust the fuse for airbag, your passenger one will deploy, then you just replace it with a jdm plastic case, then you don't have to worry about 800 dollar repair...
Old 12-01-2003, 06:09 PM
rowdyb7

well i have tripped the SRS (airbag) light a couple times in my 7th gen civic messing around with wiring on the car, and first time i got the dealership to reset it (pretty simple, my mechanic friend did it at no charge) 2nd time i still havent done anything so I think if i get in a wreck they wont go off, a little different problem than yours, but the dealership can probably give you a good simple answer