Notices

many questions, one 97 civic ex

Old 11-27-2003, 07:53 PM
theelnino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default many questions, one 97 civic ex

to save space im going to ask as many questions i can think of on this one post:
-where do i find out information on autocrossing?
-on my model civic, is there a way to take out the yellow tinting in the taillights so that it looks like a 99-00 model civic taillight?
-I want to swap my auto tranny for a manual, does anyone know anywebsite or book,etc that would help me to figure out what parts i need and how to do it?
-im not sure if vortech makes a supercharger for the d16y8, but it showed gains like a turbo on a b16. if they made one for my engine, would it be able to handle it without building up the engine(i.e. forged pistons,etc)?
-if not, what small turbos could work?
-where can i find type-r headlights?
thanx
Old 11-27-2003, 08:14 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1: http://home.dejazzd.com/mlouie/autocross.html (per CivicSiRacer)
2: Yes, replace the outers with the red/clears. Check Ebay or talk to 18secFerio
3: check out www.hondaswap.com and search for manual swap on this site. Much info to be had (learn to search.. it's a good thing. )
4: get a Greddy kit for the D16Y8.. my buddy (SleeperCivicEX) runs a 13.98 @100 on heavy ass 17's with a VAFC, RC 440s and stock internals (I can get the greddy kits btw.. pm me for more info)
5: see 4
6: Actual Type-R headlights can be found through me from Options or there was a guy selling a couple sets for a good price on the www.jdmcivic.com/forums FS section

hih