Notices

newbie - just got a '99 civic si vtec coupe (in blue) ye-ha! + questions

Old 11-19-2003, 12:25 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u could upgrade your fuel intake with a fuel rail and pressure regulator. or possibly an intake manifold- you could get one off ebay for a couple hundred that might even be p'n'p 'd.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 PM
civicexstacy00

dude, just spend the $40-50 to have the speakers installed @ a stereo shop, that way you aren't shelling out the money if you break those pannels. I've talked to a few friends who installed their 6X9's by themselves and they royally ****ed up the panels, cracking them in several places. I personally destroyed the stock speakers getting them out through the trunk. I didn't care, the stock spkrs sucked. Then i just bolted the new speakers to the underside of the rear deck.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:20 PM
incublinkus
JDM Fan Boy

arn't too many freebie mods on honda cars as their are on DSM's
Old 11-19-2003, 07:22 PM
ferris

Default did it !

yep - shoulda paid the $50, but I'm hardheaded. I didn't break anything tho - got 'em in and they sound great. If I had to do it again, I woulda cut the oem's out from underneath and bolted the new ones up.

well, at least now I know how the seats/panels come off.

thanks dudes !!!

Originally posted by civicexstacy00
dude, just spend the $40-50 to have the speakers installed @ a stereo shop, that way you aren't shelling out the money if you break those pannels. I've talked to a few friends who installed their 6X9's by themselves and they royally ****ed up the panels, cracking them in several places. I personally destroyed the stock speakers getting them out through the trunk. I didn't care, the stock spkrs sucked. Then i just bolted the new speakers to the underside of the rear deck.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:15 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another little tip... use that little search button on the top right of the screen whenever you're wondering about something. theres tons of info archived on this website, so odds are, somebody has already asked your question. Welcome to the site! :af:

enjoy!