Notices

crank seal

Old 11-16-2003, 12:33 PM
baseballer03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crank seal

have a 93 del sol but none of the guys on the del sol forum can help me so I was wondering if maybe someone here could..... My crank seal craxked and I'm leaking oil. I was wondering how hard it would be to change myself and if its very difficult how much a mechanic would charge
Old 11-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Labrador

The crank seal can be changed out with just a few basic hand tools, but be forewarned: it can be tricky if you are not used to working on cars. Your best bet is to obtain a Honda service manual, as the intructions are much too long to print here.

Keep in mind that the timing belt needs to be partially removed, and the camshaft pulley also needs to be removed. If your car is a DOHC, the labor cost will be significantly higher (at the dealer). Doing it yourself will save you a tremendous amount of money. If you can find a mechanic to do it "on the side", I'd go for it. If not, plan on spending at least $200 (due to the labor cost).
Old 11-18-2003, 08:44 PM
sff900

its the crankshaft pulley that you need to remove not cam pulley. You will have to remove the valve cover, timing covers and timing belt to change that seal. It is not that difficult to do if you are fairly mechanically inclined, but you will need a service manual for the torque specs and basic hand tools, breaker bar for the crank pulley bolt, and a torque wrench. Might be more but thats what i can come up with off the top of my head.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

BAseballer. If you knew what you were talking about, and asked about the CRANKSHAFT and not the CAMSHAFT, maybe you would have gotten some help in the sol forum.

Every time this guy needs help, he wants to start crap.

****ing bunk.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:05 AM
Labrador

Whoops! Sorry, guys. I misread baseballer03's note. I read it as "cam seal". He actually said "crank seal", as Bakeoff just said.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:11 PM
baseballer03

bakeoff blow me u dumb bastard. your a ****ing peice of shit I was goin by what the mechanic said what the hell have I asked for help for in the past just shut the hell up and know what the **** ur talking about before u start
Old 11-23-2003, 04:24 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by baseballer03
bakeoff blow me u dumb bastard. your a ****ing peice of shit
Now play nice