Notices

My Osaka Order Experience..

Old 11-15-2003, 09:00 AM
95DXPhiladeph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Osaka Order Experience..

I recently purchased a JD b18c w/LSD transmission from Osaka Motors JDM. I have decided to type up every step of this transaction so that people can see Osaka once and for all as a legitimate company who has changed since they first opened, or still a complete scam like most say.

Whether or not you were ever directly affected by purchasing from them, I do not know. If you were then I can understand why you will never trust them. This is for the people who are only going by what they hear.

(Friday November 7th)
My order started off just fine. I put it in on the webpage and within 24 hours I recieved a call from Osaka with the total including shipping and handling. I accepted the charges at they charged the card. Now any purchase over $1,000 dollars generally requires authorization by the credit card company. Visa (MBNA) called me within 5 minutes to confirm and once I said yes, the charge went through without a hitch.

Now that the charge had gone through on Saturday, it was shipping time. I knew that it was unrealistic for them to get it out the same day, so I figured I'd have to wait until Monday. Low and behold Monday at 12:00 noon I recieved a call from Osaka JDM Motors saying that they were shipping out the engine that day. :thumbup:

(Tuesday November 11th)
Yellow shipping calls me to schedule a delivery date. They wanted to do it for Friday but when I told them it was an engine they realized they needed to schedule a truck that has a lift. They set the date for Tuesday the 18th. THIS DELAY IS NOT OSAKAS FAULT, IT WAS A MATTER OF WHEN THE SHIPPING COMPANY HAD A LIFT-TRUCK AVAILABLE.

(Thursday November 13th)
I run into a few things online saying that Osaka is not a credible company and also read quite a few of the "horror-stories".

(Friday November 14th)
I call up Osaka to address my new-found issues. The first thing I do is ask him to check if I was going to recieve both Manual ECU and Manual Transmission. I ask him to check and see if he knew that the engine had been pulled from any type of submerged vehicle, fire-damaged vehicle, etc. I gave him my order ID number and he told me he would call me back in 5 minutes. I had read online that they did this to someone, never called them back and stopped taking their calls. I'll admit I was worried, however in less that 3 minutes I recieved a call from Osaka as planned. He let me know that my engine had shipped on the 10th, and it was a full-manual swap. Manual ECU and Manual Transmission. He let me know that it was pulled out of a working car in Japan and that it was in beautiful condition.

Now I'm thinking... hmm, the service seems alright to me. Not one complaint so far. And the people there are VERY friendly.

(Saturday November 15th)
Lets bring it back up to date... I have only a 3 day wait until my engine is here... I am not sure if this post will be floating around or if I will have to ressurrect it. Probably have to ressurrect it. I will post pictures hopefully Tuesday night. I expect to recieve the engine between 12-3PM EST. Pictures + 1 hour photo + scanning = 6PM EST (roughly).

I can now only wait... Tuesday will be my deciding date whether or not Osaka is a worthy company or not.

So far status: Awesome
Public opinion: Terrible
My final opinion: ......... coming Tuesday.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:11 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

my friend got his h22 from them
bu then he spun a rod bearing after 5 k miles
Old 11-15-2003, 09:27 AM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by igo4bmx
my friend got his h22 from them
bu then he spun a rod bearing after 5 k miles
Ouchies
Old 11-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Daniel

Great, great writeup!!! Pictures and an additional writeup on condition received, as well as driving performance will make this a very popular thread!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:40 AM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by drumsy
Great, great writeup!!! Pictures and an additional writeup on condition received, as well as driving performance will make this a very popular thread!
Will-do. I plan to get some really good pics too... internals and all. :thumbup: Thanks again... you wont be dissapointed.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:46 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bad reputation is hard to change, but good luck with the swap:thumbup:
Old 11-17-2003, 07:25 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

you still need my help dude?
Old 11-17-2003, 08:18 AM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by igo4bmx
you still need my help dude?
Yea, I need you on a b16 and a b18c5... next two weeks... it's gonna be out in King of Prussia... I'll let you know when they get their engines. Both ordered... the more hands the better :thumbup: Plus they're payin us...
Old 11-17-2003, 10:32 AM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

1 day left dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
you excited?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:46 AM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by flappy188
1 day left dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
you excited?