Notices

My Osaka Order Experience..

Old 11-17-2003, 10:47 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph
Yea, I need you on a b16 and a b18c5... next two weeks... it's gonna be out in King of Prussia... I'll let you know when they get their engines. Both ordered... the more hands the better :thumbup: Plus they're payin us...
i can get two more people to help if u need it...
Old 11-17-2003, 10:49 AM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by igo4bmx
i can get two more people to help if u need it...
alright... then it'll be us four installing it for these two rich kids... they'll pay us prolly 200 a piece to get em in...

thats 400 an engine for installation.. not bad.

lemme call em tonight and let you know
Old 11-17-2003, 11:59 AM
qtiger

It's really hard to tell what's real and what's not in terms of Honda-Tech rumors. There are too many people riding each other's jocks and generally being retarded to tell definatively
Old 11-17-2003, 12:13 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

so you telling me some of the horror stories include customers ordering a manual transmission specifically and having an auto shipped instead?

good job on the write up..keep us posted and i wish you luck!! :goodjob:
Old 11-17-2003, 12:30 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by SUPER LAUBO
so you telling me some of the horror stories include customers ordering a manual transmission specifically and having an auto shipped instead?

good job on the write up..keep us posted and i wish you luck!! :goodjob:

Well you can't order specifically... which is probably the problem. You just don't know what you're gonna get. But I'm assuming they sell 99% manual swaps. So some kid got an auto ECU with his swap and cried about it to the whole board. I would be pissed too, but from what I heard they sent him a manual one as soon as they recieved the auto one back.

Thanks, I'll keep you posted! Tomorrow's the day!
Old 11-17-2003, 12:32 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by qtiger
It's really hard to tell what's real and what's not in terms of Honda-Tech rumors. There are too many people riding each other's jocks and generally being retarded to tell definatively
Yea, those guys over there
1.) Have no sense of humor
2.) Flame on every n00b and
3.) seem to enjoying forming little cliques of butt-buddies

However it's a really knowledgable place reguardless.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Someone came in the Hybrid forum starting a thread about how horrible Osaka was, but basically admitted he was just restating what other people had told him and that he had never personally had any dealings with them. I hate when people take 3rd person scuttlebutt and rumor and post it as fact. I deleted most of what he posted but left the thread up (I saw it linked in another thread recently). You might consider emailing a link to this thread to Osaka after everything is done, an honorable company deserves support.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:33 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by Andy
Someone came in the Hybrid forum starting a thread about how horrible Osaka was, but basically admitted he was just restating what other people had told him and that he had never personally had any dealings with them. I hate when people take 3rd person scuttlebutt and rumor and post it as fact. I deleted most of what he posted but left the thread up (I saw it linked in another thread recently). You might consider emailing a link to this thread to Osaka after everything is done, an honorable company deserves support.
:thumbup: Agreed. 3rd person yapping about they're so horrible is just ridiculous. Osaka will definetly get to see this post. I want them to know that if they treated me like shxt, that alot of people saw it. And if they treated me good, alot of people see that too. So they can only hope.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:44 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i might order wheels from them
Old 11-18-2003, 10:51 AM
95DXPhiladeph

November 18th, 2003

My engine arrived at 1:40PM. I took off the shrink wrap to reveal cut wiring galore. The engine itself is in good condition like he said, but I have to re-wire the thing now. I haven't gotten a chance to REALLY inspect it... I'm going to be taking some pictures tonight. I have no idea where to get all the wiring I'm going to need for this engine, but other than the wires, it's lookin pretty good.

Pics comming tonight.