Notices

big big problem!~ please help

Old 11-08-2003, 03:49 AM
remues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big big problem!~ please help

hey guys i need some help here. this morning when i went to my car when i got in and start the car my clutch was half way stuck ?? odd so i shut it off and pull the clutch back with my hands and pop it came back.. i started the car and when i shift gears my clutch feels really really lose.. you know every manual car has the point where the clutch meets the gas.. well it move down.. i dont know what happen. i look under my car and found oil under the car.. 2 weeks ago i had my tranny oil change.. everything seems fine till today.. so anyone can give me some info... thanks
Old 11-08-2003, 10:34 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Sounds like you got a bubble in your clutch line, or you have a leak somewhere in that line....
Old 11-08-2003, 11:27 AM
WrongWD
Why is Canada so cool?

Default Re: big big problem!~ please help

Originally posted by remues
hey guys i need some help here. this morning when i went to my car when i got in and start the car my clutch was half way stuck ?? odd so i shut it off and pull the clutch back with my hands and pop it came back.. i started the car and when i shift gears my clutch feels really really lose.. you know every manual car has the point where the clutch meets the gas.. well it move down.. i dont know what happen. i look under my car and found oil under the car.. 2 weeks ago i had my tranny oil change.. everything seems fine till today.. so anyone can give me some info... thanks

the clutch being half way stuck could be explained by your clutch rusting together; when the humidity and temperature are just right then the flywheel and clutch can get stuck together. however, I am puzzled as to why you found oil under your car, that beats me?
Old 11-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

It's probably not oil, but dirty brake fluid. You use brake fluid for the clutch line. If it leaks, it ouwld allow the pedal to sink, and when you pulled up on the pedal, it sucked more down from the clutch MC. It could also be a leaky clutch MC.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:01 PM
remues

yea i looked at it today its looks like the clutch fluid is empty. im going to drop by the store to get some clutch fuild.. clutch is the same as brake fuild? got to fill it up and drive it to a shop to get it look at.. thanks guys.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

yeah, same as brake fluid. If you need parts, let me know. I ahve a spare slave cylinder, and I have an entire auto to manual swap I'd like to sell right now.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:04 PM
WrongWD
Why is Canada so cool?

oh, well then in that case i agree with bakeoff, it's prolly not oil if the clutch resevoir is the one thats empty
Old 11-09-2003, 01:06 PM
remues

the clutch fluid was empty so i fill it up and it still didnt help.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:31 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Possibly the cylinder like Bakeoff said? I had to replace mine when the clutch was loose.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Civic Type Sev

If the clutch oil reservoir went empty and you just refilled it without bleeding it then you might have an air bubble inside the system. Just unscrew the bleeding nut on the slave cylinder and let the oil flow out while at the same time making sure to keep topping off the oil in the reservoir to avoid any other air to get in the lines. Do this for a while and then finally tighten the bleeding nut and top off the oil in the reservoir to the right level. If that doesn't work then yeah... you probably need a new MC.