Notices

Factory Carpet Replacement

Old 10-29-2003, 08:59 AM
fatalglitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Carpet Replacement

Anyone know a company or site that sells factory carpet replacements (or just replacements, any color) for a 96-98 EX Civic? Been looking around and can't seem to find any.... Thanks.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:07 AM
Daniel

Have you inquired at some of the big Honda/Acura junkyards about used carpet in good condition? Try www.importautosalvage.com
Old 10-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eBay has them. They aren't OEM, but I don't think they're that bad.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 10-29-2003, 12:42 PM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

just make sure you oreder one that is molded for your car with a rubberized backing. A lot of places sell carpets that aren't necessarily universal and are specific to makes and models but they are not molded and are crap. If you get an aftermarket one that is molded with the rubberized backing then you should be fine because they'll pop right in.

A long long time ago on my first car ( a cavalier ) I had to replace the carpet because it was in bad shape and moldy from a leaky heater... anyhow I ordered this piece of garbage that was specific to my car but wasn't molded. It came in a roll and was cut to the shape and size of my cab but I had to cut out the holes for certain things like the shifter and e brake etc... within a year it looked like garbage too.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:22 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Joanne Fabrics, get a couple sqaure yards, and go to town with it on a weekend :thumbup:

best part: Crushed Velvet Purple with leapord highlights wasn't an OEM option h:
Old 10-29-2003, 04:05 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

or you could be like nick cannon when he was on cribs and in his corolla/celica he used astroturf.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:17 PM
SRT_Andy

Originally posted by NeverBX
or you could be like nick cannon when he was on cribs and in his corolla/celica he used astroturf.
I'd have pictures of cooch embroidered into my carpet. Cooch is always on my mind......:naughty:

AMEN on the rubberized backing. Just be sure that you take EVERYTHING out of your car that's bolted to the floor. That will make is SO much easier to install. Also, you might want to think about spraying some sound deadening compound on the body while you're in there.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:29 AM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

Originally posted by 18secFerio
Joanne Fabrics, get a couple sqaure yards, and go to town with it on a weekend :thumbup:

best part: Crushed Velvet Purple with leapord highlights wasn't an OEM option h:
I know it was a joke... hopefully but that is exactly what you DON'T want to do.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:40 AM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

Originally posted by SleeperCivicEX
I'd have pictures of cooch embroidered into my carpet. Cooch is always on my mind......:naughty:

AMEN on the rubberized backing. Just be sure that you take EVERYTHING out of your car that's bolted to the floor. That will make is SO much easier to install. Also, you might want to think about spraying some sound deadening compound on the body while you're in there.
:werd: I had this beat up little 89 Civic HB that I bought for like $600 to drive while I was building my current car. I replaced the carpet in that with a good rubberized molded one but when I took it out I removed all the seats, the seat belt attachments to the floor, all of the console stuff, pretty much everything. Also where the center dash attaches to the floor, you'll have to remove that piece also to get the carpet under and behid the dash... it's really simple there's like a fill piece of metal framing that bolts to the dash part and then bolts to the floor.. just remove that piece and the carpet will slide right under.

I went a step further and cleaned it up real good because it was like a sand box under the carpet... by the time I was done cleaning, it looked like it just rolled off the assembly line.

The floor already has a sound buffering material that is a lot like that dynamat stuff that all the bass heads use with their monster audio setups so there really isn't a need to spray it with anything unless you just want to add more weight to your car.... I know it's not much but every ounce counts
Old 10-30-2003, 10:19 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

www.accmats.com