Notices

Removal of emission lines/canister on EG VX?

Old 10-12-2003, 08:12 PM
s7e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

duh.. forgot about that.. I am tired.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:36 AM
s7e

What if I used the P28 ecu?
Old 10-13-2003, 12:53 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Good question, I'm not sure. It would probably be rich for that engine though, kindof a waste of a good P28.

Why don't you just fix the EGR or give it a complete head or engine swap?
Old 10-13-2003, 02:57 PM
s7e

EGR is not bad. I want to put the other manifold and TB on. This engine would not be worth a head. And I am not spending the money on a swap yet.. gotta build my dsm motor before that...
Old 10-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by s7e
I want to put the other manifold and TB on.
:doh: forgot about that.

I'd have to look at my buddy's VX to get some ideas. Have you considered making a block-off plate? RX-7 guys like me are all about block-off plates, BAC plates, ACV plates, EGR plates, OMP plates, etc.

Maybe you could just have it welded up.:dunno:
Old 10-13-2003, 07:22 PM
s7e

Ok.. I guess your sorta confused...

I dont care about the EGR or anything.. I just wanna put the other intake manifold on that does not have the EGR on it. Other than that. I dont care about anything else.. lol.. It is a manifold from a CX/DX and I also have the matching throttle body. But the EGR is keeping me from putting it on.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

If you don't block the EGR passage in the head, you'll have one huge exhaust leak. That's what I'm getting at, the port in the head; not the port in the manifold.

I still can't figure out why you would want to do that, blocking off the EGR will only decrease the gas milage with little to no performance benefit. This is a dinky little 1.5L D15Z1 econobox engine, it doesn't respond nearly as well to modification as, say, a 2.0L 4G63.

If you want to get technical, the CX and DX use different manifolds and have different port sizes. The CX is identical to the VX, only it has no EGR. It is also too small to even bother with, because it is choking the car pretty bad already. The CX is a 70hp car in the first place. Next, we have the DX manifold, which is reasonably larger, with a bigger throttle body. The manifold would work great, except for the fact that the runners are bigger then the port in the head. This difference in port sizing destroys the smooth flow that the air once had, making it just as bad or worse then the pea-shooter CX and VX manifolds.

It just doesn't make sense to me.