Notices

all motor b16a

Old 10-11-2003, 05:14 PM
hondajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all motor b16a

If I wanted make my b16a2 motor go fast with all internal work,what could I do?? I was thinking about p&p the head,type-r valves,springs and retainers,and maybe type-r cams. how about the block,should I keep it stock?? any ideas as to what I could do to my p30 to get the most out of these additions?
Old 10-11-2003, 05:15 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Head work and higher compression = more power.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:26 PM
hondajeff

Thanks but,that answered absolutely none of my questions. please be more specific. I already stated what I would do to the head. I need to know more about the block and ecu work.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

with the block, you can bore it out, high compression pistons. you can get hondata or some other engine management system for tuning.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Dimi

Knife edged crank, high compression pistons (ie. 12.0:1) with rods, port and polish cylinder head, longer duration cams with springs, retainers, etc...match ported intake manifold or go with a JG Edelbrock X (pretty good #s out of those), bored throttle body, intake, headers, 2.5" exhaust system, ignition, upgraded fuel, upgraded ECU or piggyback (Hondata), etc...
Old 10-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally posted by Dimi
Knife edged crank, high compression pistons (ie. 12.0:1) with rods, port and polish cylinder head, longer duration cams with springs, retainers, etc...match ported intake manifold or go with a JG Edelbrock X (pretty good #s out of those), bored throttle body, intake, headers, 2.5" exhaust system, ignition, upgraded fuel, upgraded ECU or piggyback (Hondata), etc...
the jg i/m is really big. you gotta be either running really high rpm's or boost to see some real advantages. just p&p the stock one. hondata is a stand alone not piggy back.

i cant believe you said headers. :squint:
Old 10-11-2003, 07:41 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Hondata isn't a piggy back. VAFC/SAFC is a piggy back. Hondata is an EMS.

You don't need to knife edge unless you're going with a very high revving engine. The knife edge can rob your top half of oil too so be aware of that.

The JDM DC header is a good choice as the collector is 2.5" or you could even go with a drag header that just stops at the collector (no more exhaust).

By highter compression I mean bigger bore with taller pistons. You could also get a lot more out of bigger valves with a longer duration cam.

It all depends on how much you want to do.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:57 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if youre looking for some real impressive #s, a cam like toda spec B or even C, and aftermarket valvetrain (springs, valves, retainers) will yield better results than ITR/CTR cams/valvetrain.

An extrude honed B16 intake mani would be all the flow you could use n/a... so you wouldn't need to bother buying one.

With cams/valvetrain that agressive, you'll be making most of your power above 6500... Spec Cs make most of their power 7500-10000... At that engine speed rods would be a major consideration.

Or if youre just looking for a modest bump in power, nothing too wild, type R valvetrain and pistons would be fine. And probably give you a good healthy 15-20 hp w/ i/h/e.... Just depends on what your goals are.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:58 PM
donkiman

whatever you decide to do. get an engine management system and take it to a good shop to be tuned. Soooo much power to be created. thats your best bang for the buck right there. I would recomend hondata.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:11 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

:werd:
I totally agree.