Thread: Synthetic oil
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Fast_Draw
03 Accord Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my B-Pass filter set-up installed. I now run 6.5 gts. of oil through the engine - 5W-20 AmsOil, with a HUGE AmsOil by-pass filter (only filters about 10% at a time - not full flow - but gets a LOT - 100 times - smaller particles out) and them a much larger Full Flow AmsOil filter as well. Tecvhnically on this setup they say you don't have to change oil until 7.5K miles - but I'll be changeing oil and full flow filter at every 5K miles - and then by-pass filter every 15K miles.

Basically - I plan to have the cleanest oil running through my car humanly possible - at a reasonable cost. Only ~$300 for the set-up, filters, and install. I'll be running Oil Tests out for dyiagnostics every change - to make sure I'm good. After the factory fill - comes back - I'll post the test results. It should be horrible - but it's supposed to be - with metal particles, etc. to cut into the sides to make normal wear patterns. Now my first 4.5K miles are up, I'm switched to AmsOil - and running Pure.