Old 05-16-2003, 03:50 PM
BigTicket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have almost the exact same setup that you want to install in my accord. I have the Infinity Kappa 60.5cs components up front (you can read the trials and tribulations of that install on this forum) and the Kappa 693.5i in the back . I got the 6x9's first and they sounded great without having to do any type of sound adjustments. The fronts I installed a few months later but those on the other hand were a little harder to install and when I turned on the stereo for the first time after they were installed, to be honest, sounded like crap. There was a HUGE phasing problem, almost to the point where I thought I had crossed a positive and negative wire but when I rechecked they were all installed correctly. To make a long story short I had to fiddle with the time correction on the head unit A LOT before I finally got them to sound right but once I got the numbers correct it sounds like a frickin concert hall in my car. I don't know if anyone else had this problem with these speakers but the time correction on my Alpine HU was like a gift from God himself. :thumbup: What are you going to use the power your speakers? Amp, HU?