Thread: 4wd crx
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 12:07 AM
NaticusRex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd crx

Hey guys! I am pretty new here so before any of you ask, yes I am insane. Or at least I try ...anyways, I was reading back thru some threads from last year and I am quite interested in the 4wd wagons. I have a '91 crx hf that I put a blacktop DOHC ZC in, and I want to make it 4wd with the 6-speed.
An obvious question is 'can I do this?' but what I am wondering about more is how strong is the fluid coupling on the rear driveshaft? I read in some of your posts that the rear diff was weak but there was no real mention of the fluid coupling. This brings up the question of whether I would be able to attach a crv rear to the shaft, and would it fit under a crx in the first place, any thoughts?
Now about the tranny: it sounds like most honda trannys (yes I AM new to hondas) can have their internal gears swapped pretty easily, like the si and zc trannys; is this 6-speed the same way? I of course would want to custom gear it:naughty:
I'll have to continue with my curiosities later since its 4am now and I fear of becoming incoherent. Please help me out guys, this car would rock, and if I can build it... well, that would just be insanely sweet. Oh, and I promise to let y'all take the sucker for a test drive when/if I finish it.

Thanks all, can't wait to hear back!