View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 07:08 PM
BobDaGoOn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A short follow up, I finally installed it, and it cost me about 6 bucks, a socket wrench and about 2 hours total (about hour and a half of waiting time)

First we jacked the car up on stands, and try to un-bolt it. No success there. We broke two bolts. We sat down and thought, WD40. We ran out bought a can and then sprayed away. Sat around for about 45 mins, then we were back at the bolts, Took some time but we got them out. When we reached the B-pipe, there was a problem. There was a third bolt on the topside of the cat and the B-pipe. And to make it worse there was a heat shield blocking it. No leverage to unbolt so sprayed it again with WD40. This time while waiting, I changed oil and my friend ran out to buy anti-seize. Some time passed and we tried again, No luck. My friend pulls out a breaker bar and that did the trick but it destroyed my K-mart socket wrench (awe well) so the hard part is done. Now we just bolt everything together and done. Hardest thing about the install was getting the Exhaust on the hooks, but WD40 saved the day again.

Few Pics

the bolts I broke ( you can see one of them still on the pipe)

Just when I thought we were done

the Bolt I missed

It got dark, so the finished pics will be up later on. I'm not a pro yet, but I have experience now:thumbup: