View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 02:28 PM
vincelamscu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 5th Generation Ludes...

The dome light and reading lights are the same as parking lights in the front and side markers. They are all 168 (aka. wedge bulbs). If you have an extra 168 (since there are 3 interior lights and most bulbs come in sets of 2), you can also replace the bulb that lights up the rear license plate. I have PIAA 168's all around and have had no problem with them at all.

If you have an SH, I think there are also lights on the doors. These bulbs are probably also 168, but I'm not sure since I have the base model.

I'm not sure what the turn signals in front are.

The high and low beams are H1's. They are pretty easy to install, just don't touch the glass part of the bulb with your hand. Otherwise, you will get some of your body's oil on it and they have a greater chance of burning out faster or even exploding. I had a set of Nokya Arctic Whites that I got from ebay. Supposedly, Nokya's have a tendency to burn out your wiring, but I lucked out and they lasted about 6 months without problem. The Nokya's were definitely whiter than the stock, but they weren't that bright. I have PIAA Platinum's now, which are legit. They are expensive, but have lasted so far (4 months and counting). They are bright and have a nice blue tint to them. Also, they are SAE/DOT certified, so the cops can't bust me for them. I also heard that Sylvania and Phillips make good bulbs that are cheaper than PIAA's.