Thread: Old or new?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Blikkem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old or new?

I have to replace my stock speakers, it's already seen it's best days. I have a 98 accord ex.
I have an old system I had in a car a long time ago. It was expensive at the time. It includes: Altec Lansing component 6.5 w/tweeter and crossover 80w max. (M65), A Pioneer amp. 60wx2 (28w rms) (GM123), and a pair of Pioneer 6x9 3-way 120w max (40w rms) (TS-a6905). These are really old models but I used them for a couple of years and then stored them in my closet. I hooked the speakers up briefly to my home stereo and they work and are in good condition. Do you think I should spend the money to have them put in my car or buy all new stuff. Also how good would speakers sound if they have been sitting around for a while. They were fine when I took them out and they've been safely stored ever since, hate to have to buy new with. Maybe just a new amp so if I buy new speakers I can just swap them out and not worry about having someone wiring a new amps as well. If I buy new I would stay in the same wattage range.

Any help would be appreciated.