Old 04-06-2003, 08:58 PM
reno96teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thought i'd post here since the prelude forum is all but dead, looking for a 5th Gen!

My brother is looking for a 5th Generation Prelude. He's looked at a couple already. He's interested in what he should look for, potential problems and stuff so that he has a reference point to start from.
He took a look at a 1997 and a 1999 model, both base models and both 5-speed. The first had 88,000 miles and the second, 63,000 miles. The 97 model had noticeable engine vibration. The 99 model was much better but it still had slight vibration.

We're interested in knowing if its a common thing among Preludes, or if there is indeed some problem. And if so, what could be.

Also, my brother is interested in knowing what some common problems to Preludes are, specifically regarding to the engine or suspension.

Obviously, there's the usual, could be just in need of maintenance; or worst case, bent valves, compression off for some reason, etc.. i didn't see the cars myself, so i don't know what the extent of the vibration was. But again, we'd like to know if the lude has any specific problem items.

Any information would be appreciated.... Thanks.