Thread: Blew the H22
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 10:40 AM
djmtsu
nopistons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew the H22

And not as in forced induction. I have no idea what happened. It had been running very well lately, which I always see as a sign of trouble.
So I was heading towards a turn lane doing like 25mph, the arrow turns yellow. I was in a hurry so I nailed it. Tires broke loose and some pretty white smoke was blazing off the tires. I was like woohoo, untill right as I approached the intersection, then....BANG!! Went around the corner and coasted it into Wendy's. It was still running, barely, and making all kinds of knocking and awful metal on metal scraping. I shut her down, look back, and see a nice stream of steaming oil leading up to the rear of the car. Look under, and hello, a nice big hole in the oil pan.

So anyway, pulled it home, jacked it up, and pulled the pan off. Threw a rod. Took off the valve cover and the whole valvetrain looks somewhat tweaked.

I have no idea what happened, it wasn't redlined, I haven't been abusing it at all. The whole idea of the swap for me was added reliability and longevity, since the original engine had 170K+ on it. Well, that was on Thursday, and now I finally have the F22 back in it. Let me tell ya, the power difference doesn't seem like much until you switch BACK to the F22, now I am just slow and low. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

On a lighter note, my friend gave me his '90 Prelude, so maybe I will play with that for a while.