View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 12:47 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: QQ

Originally posted by 95AccordV6

As far as profit, why the heck Mercedes Benz and BMW and Lexus make V-8 powered sedans if there is no profit? If Honda wants people to recognize Acura or admit that Acura is as good as Lexus, they have to push their models to a higher level.
Im not replying to your whole post, it kinda gave me a headache and you ran in circles a couples times. Anyway, MB uses its V8 (as does Toyota) in more than one application. The NSX cannot be considered an app since it is such small market. They would never make a profit off of investing hundreds of millions into a V8 unless they had 3-5 major apps for it for 5-10 years. Someone get sales numbers of the RL, LS, and Q...I believe the RL holds its ground. Believe me, 95...Honda will have so many bragging rights with an IMA powertrain with AWD, they would easily top sagging Q sales and journalists would love it. There is absolutely no need for a V8.

You have a point with bragging rights, but if Honda pulls a Passport-->Pilot or 1st gen-->2nd gen Odyssey with the RL inside, noone will give a damn. Trust me