View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 11:17 PM
Litewait

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by menusetc
I have a 1992 accord dx, 5speed manual. Recently its not starting normally. I have good battery, good cables, bright lights etc. when I turn key to start I get a single click, this can happen once or several times before it will crank once and start right up, or it will start normally. I just dont wanna start replacing parts. is this a bad starter?
Thanks,

Wayne
Have someone hit the starter (it doesn't have to be hard). Just a few light taps with the end of a screwdriver. Then you start the car. This is what happened to mine, before I had it replaced. I also noticed at a auto parts store. They have a tester, it tests the battery, the starter, and the alternator. They could have it checked. One this first happened to me with my starter. I had to try a few times, and it finally started. But after that, it wouldn't start by doing that anymore. And I had to tap on it, to get it started. Then after it just got worse. Replacing a starter is not a hard job. Just find the youtube video. Just make sure you have the correct tools. *I don't remember getting a click* Maybe it's different on yours. I remember there being no crank.