View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 08:55 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4pt Harness Mounting Points

Greetings All,
My SRR 4pt harness came in today, and to my surprise, it fits pretty well with my Del Sol seat/headrest. Anywho, I figured the two rear points would go where my rear seatbelts bolt up, and sure enough, the eyebolts threaded right in. For the two points that anchor the lapbelt, I figured I'd use the two rear bolt holes on the driver's seat, but I found them to be too small, since the seat bolts are smaller than the ones that anchor the rear seatbelts. All the eyebolts I got with my harness are the same size, so the two that I have left are too large. My question is, Where do people usually anchor their 3/4/5pt harnesses? Specifically the lap belt points, since I have the rear ones taken care of. Should I look for an eyebolt that will thread into the driver's seat rear bolt holes? Or, should I be looking for some sort of eyebolt adapter to use with the existing bolts? Or perhaps I should just drill and tap some holes(don't really feel like doing that)? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

Oh yah, this is what I got, if anyone's interested: