View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 06:29 AM
dliske
Set a fire, go to jail!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I got my car back last night, and I had a chance to speak with both the stereo shop owner, and the electrician to find out what happened:

According to the owner, the installer was "probing wires that he had no business probing." Something to do with testing the power antenna wire on the factory harness. Problem is, with my car, there is no power antenna, as the antenna is in the rear glass. It was while doing this, the dash and cluster lights went out.

The stereo shop realized they were over their heads in fixing the problem and sent my car out to be worked on. The short story is that I had the same problem that b12uceHuy had, though it was the multiplex unit on the driver's side fuse box that had been shorted.

There is actually a bright side in this story...it turns out the "electrician" that my car was sent to is actually an independent Honda mechanic in my town, and in speaking with him, he appears to be extremely knowlegeable. I will know be going to him for work, instead of the dealer.

Thanks for all of your replies.

David Liske