Old 06-29-2015, 04:06 AM
jon90ZC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisS
Sounds like the coil or igniter both are in the distributor.
My '91 CRX Si had the same lack of power/sputtering and replacing the distributor fixed it.

Take care,
ChrisS

thanks for giving your opinion, yeah, so far i have thought putting a whole dist. is the best thing to do, but i decided to get a used oem one, they say they are tested and good, and have 30 day warranty, not sure if they come with the cap / rotor on them ? but i hope they do, cause rather have the oem ones than the cheap autozone cap/rotor i got right now on mine, and hopefully the ignition coil and ignitor on the dist. i get are both good, but i have'nt test the ones on mine yet either, cause they could be good ?, but if mine or the ones on the used dist. are bad, i will just buy new oem ignitor or coil, and put it on the used dist. i buy.

if putting on a new (used) dist. does'nt solve the problem, and still does'nt start, i can just keep it since it was about time to replace it anyway since it was old and cause had weird melted rotor thing ?, or i could take it back if they accept it still ? or put it for sale on ebay or craigslist to get the money back i paid for it ? then just move on and figure out the next thing, like if the fuel pump or filter is the cause ?, ...