View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Nity4Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe sustec/Apex-i WS/Teins

I just got a quote from someone on the Tanabe sustec SO for about $800 w/o pillar mount. I know the Apex-i ones ride good and they also don't come with upper mounts. Now the WS costs around $850 shipped so I wanna know which one would you guys pick?? Apex-i WS over Tanabe sustec? Or has anyone had any experience with the Sustec? I found this from another thread about the Apex-i's WS: "you have to wire tie the brake line hose to the spring...thats the only bad thing". I was thinking if the Apex-i WS has that problem and the local shop might mess up the brake line, then I might as well go with Tanabe sustec. But I don't even know if the Tanabe sustec has that problem too.

Now I've heard nothing bad about Tein at all. They are the most popular kit used by the Japaness street tuners now. I guess that's why the price for Teins are now more expensive than the rest full coilover systems, and the other full coilovers had a little price drop. Are these near stock ride when lowered? Or do they feel stiffer with control like race cars? These will cost me around $950 if I get them though.

I am looking for something near stock ride when lowered about 3" on my stock EX rims to minimize the wheel gap. What do you guys think?

1. Tanabe sustec SO: ~$810 shipped. Not much info on these.

2. Apex-i WS: ~$850 shipped. Everyone recommands these for comfort near stock ride, but my only concerned is that my local shop will mess up the brake line.

3. Tein Type-HA: ~$950 shipped. 16-way adjusted. Most trust-worthy but costs the most too. Every penny counts in my pocket for the suspension. But with these dropped I probably don't have worry about the handling during winter too. But definitely stiffer than stock, lose the ride on these.

What do you guys think?? Let me know.