View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 07:18 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ShAg9yBrDr
MTX 8000 series
:thumbup: I have 2 MTX 8000 12" subs and 2 Infinity Digital Beta 100 amps. subs rms is 400 and the amp, bridged, is 400watt. So it's perfect. I think they sound great and have good bumpage to them. I only ever had one at a time hooked up for daily driving, car alternator can't put out enough to power 2 at once.

But some friends and I put 2 cars trunk to trunk and we ran my other amp off his electrical system and we could hear beautiful loud bass from 2.5blocks away. This was both in a bandpass box still in the trunk, but open trunk.

But back to your topic, I like the MTX 8000 subs. 6000's are OK. Nothing great, but above par. The 4000's I think are on par or less. I've heard only one Infinity Reference 12" in a sealed box, guy only had like 150watts going to it... it was ok for some filler bass, but nothing that was really noticeable outside the car. It's what he wanted. I think if he put the RMS watts to it and tuned it properly it would have "bumped his whole car" so to say.

Personally I don't like JL's, Audiobahn, or image dynamics. I've heard a couple at a local get together once and didn't care for the sound of them at all. Could have very easily just been a poor setup, but I only heard them each once for about 10mins each.