View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 AM
2003CL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and this will be my Last foray on this site--a month short of ten years and 158,257 miles later, my beloved CL (aka "Sting") has moved on to another owner who may find it to be as wonderful a car as I did. But not before he/she puts a new transmission in it! Last week it started to shudder on shifts between first and second, second and third. I had decided a few months ago that would this car require a significant outlay of cash, it would become history. So even though the paint was still immaculate, the brakes and tires still with lots of life, and the interior still quite good, this well-maintained car was replaced by a black 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 MT Trac. I had been looking for a replacement, but on past visits to new car dealerships, I would invariably get back into "Sting", shake my head and say "not today". Acura stopped making 2-door cars in 2006, and the front end design of Acuras leaves much to be desired. My alternative was to be rear wheel drive, MT coupe, leaving me essentially with an Infinit G37, BMW, Mustang, or Genesis Coupe. Given the money, warranty, styling and performance, the Genesis is the new baby! Wish me well! I will always remember my Acura Decade. Peace out!