View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Tobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 GSR just died on me

Don't have time or tools at the moment. Pulling into lot of store down street and it sort of stumbled and then quit. Hear fuel pump going, will turn over. Pulled wires off cap and one looked sort of corroded, other 3 shiney. Same plug wire that popped off about a month ago when I made an abrupt move to avoid a cell phone zombie. It ran rough on three, so I popped it back on and has been fine ever since, wonder if it is related.

I know I have a bad plug wire, but that won't kill it Have not looked at the plugs, checked for spark or anything. Have a guy I need to do surgery on in a few hours, so I can't do much right now. Will go home after that and get the code reader and tools. I am thinking maybe bad rotor and cap, maybe even coil, probably will tell you how to check the coil in the shop manual I guess. I totally had other stuff to do today, I mean besides cutting off that guys toe after lunch, hopefully anyway, will need to call and see if we got bumped or anything.

Car has about 170K miles, replaced rotor, cap and plug wires like 100K miles ago...