Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM
vitalichka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks 93, I posted some of the upgrades on another forum and test drove the car. It's awesome but decided not to go for it even though it's build very well and he has dropped $18k into it. It was just too much of a race car for me and could not be driven as a daily driver.

Here's what I posted there, some of the parts and the experience.
========================================
I went out and took the car for a spin.
Freakin awesome man.

I pretty much decided I won't get it since it seems to be a little too much 'race' car for me. The 4-way seat belts alone took forever.
Plus it's completely gutted and needs to be further tuned so I need to buy a air/fuel ratio gage or take it in to a tune shop.

They guy has invested over $18,000 into it as it stands right now.

Here's a list of only a FEW items he has on it. Plus he has all stock gear too.
Carbon Fiber Hood
LSD Tranny
Fully built motor
Eagle Rods
JE Pistons
Full Harness kit
JDM Race Seats
Darton Sleeves in the block
Engine and Tranny have been rebuilt and have under 10 miles on it before I took it for a ride
Hawk break pads
Lifters
Retainers
Springs
Coilover kit
T3/T4 Turbo
Chrome tuning computer
Two stock ECUs
One after market for ECU for boost
BOV
Rotors + Pads cost $900 saw receipts
Interstate Battery
And a whole lot more

The car was awesome I just felt like it would be too much for a daily driver being that power steering is out and it's hard to drive. Plus LSD makes it hard to control, it needs new tires, I live in Utah and right now it's snowing, and the springs make it a terrible drive on the streets. Plus other reasons.

The ride was definitely fun and the car has a lot of potential. Basically if I don't get it, he's gonna keep it and push it to about 800hp to run on track.

Thanks for the response.
I wouldn't drop this much money into a car and that's why as you said, it's better to do it yourself, I wouldn't.

On the other hand, I know this guys isn't BSing me and will help me with whatever that may go wrong with the car.

Thanks again.

PS. It's a 1998 model.
Taken from:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...65#post6819965