View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 12:55 PM
SSCivic
Swolen Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16 to B16 Conversion??? Possible?

Hey everyone... I have been in the market for a new engine for a long time now... constantly researching and trying to find the best setup and most reasonably priced for my 2000 Civic DX Coupe.

One of my Nissan Driving friends suggested that since the D16 engine currently under my hood is probably the base engine block for all of honda's 1.6L engines, to just simply convert the head of the engine to the B16 Setup (DOHC VTEC).

I have some questions/comments concerning this matter. First is that I know I can't just simply swap heads... I'll need computer work and a VTEC wire run. I also wanted to know if anyone has ever done this swap or if it's even possible.

If it is possible, where can I get a B16 Engine head from and what's a good price to look for. If this operation is cheap I may as well just get my engine rebuilt, fully sleeved and with all the goodies... bore it out a bit too and have a pretty beast engine for a lot less than buying a new angine and gettin all that work done to it.

Any comments/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you as always, SSCivic.