View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 04:35 PM
A-dub5513

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks pslsnakes. Yeah, mine does the same 'shake/shudder' thing when it opens. Like Spec said, it's probably just a lube issue.

However Spec, cleaning and lubing sounds simple enough, but if I'm going in there for cleaning, I'd kinda like to take the glass off for a detailed job and also clean the top of visor (dusty!). This a simple thing to do?

Line7, no worries dude. Like Spec said, I'd totally go against using brake cleaner for the side window as that would ruin the rubber tracks.

But wait a minute, this may start to confuse others because we're going back and forth between sunroof and side windows...lol! But as far as the side power windows go, I did a search and learned that to correctly clean and lube, first take off the door panels to gain access to the lower portion of the tracks. Then spray with air tool/compressor oil...or as suggest to me, powder graphite. With glass down, do the same to tracks on the top half of the door. Here's the link: http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=596

What I'd like to know:

Sunroof: Has anyone taken apart the sunroof for a full detail? And what type of lube is best?
Side windows: What's the best lube for rubber tracks? Anyone had experience with the graphite powder?

A-dub

Last edited by A-dub5513; 01-27-2009 at 04:37 PM.