View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
A-dub5513

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Spec R;4200908]

universal mufflers always require custom welding, since 99% of the time its just the muffler itself...most cheapo muffler shops just bird poop the welds enough to make them seal. if u've ever looked inside a crappy exahust weld, you can see the weld flash on the inside of the piping, interfering with a good chunk of the exhaust flow.

Exactly! That's why I wanted to get a little confirmation on universal systems and a crappy weld job is what I want to avoid. We on the same page...

i see from your sig that you're supercharged, so maybe you're due for a 3" system anyway. you'll see some nice gains, that is, unless the SP2 system on your car was already the forced induction version with bigger piping.

You're right about going with a system with larger piping since replacing the whole system may be a likely outcome. Although I currently have the SP1 on my car with 60mm piping (as with the SP2's), I'm not aware of Greddy offering an "FI" version of the SP2.

The collector at the header is 2.5", so I'm OK with the piping having that inner diameter throughout, which is currently slightly under with the SP1 as well as the SP2, assuming both the street versions are the same.

Since you brought it up, any suggestions as to which brand/type exhaust you prefer? Wanted to avoid that type of question, but hell, I bought this system back in '99, and TRD's produced the best flow, but just too damn loud!

Last edited by A-dub5513; 01-19-2009 at 01:23 PM.