Thread: bleeding brakes
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 02:38 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by inspyral
You should bleed all 4 corners, multiple times if possible. Attach some clear tubng to the bleeder valve. Have someone sit in the car and pump the pedal a couple times to build up some pressure, then have them apply steady pressure as you loosen the bleeder and let the air out. Once the air is out, close the bleeder. Do this for all 4 corners in the following sequence: rear-right, front-left, rear-left, front-right. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the MC while you're doing this, and top it off as necessary so it never goes below the MIN line. Again, I suggest you repeat the entire process a minimum of 2-3 times in order to make sure all the air is bled out. Of course, if you don't disconnect your brakelines, there's no real need to bleed the system. It's a good preventive measure to flush the fluid, I suppose. Have fun, Mr Ducky

i would do what he said...when you bleed them the pedal has more presure when you apply the brakes...if you get air in your lines you will beable to tell once you start braking, youll feel a weird "pull"