Thread: Music cuts out
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Driver
slow lane cruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way you hae your power run sounds solid to me, almost overkill, but better safe than sorry is never a bad way to approach things. I'm still kind of leaning towards a protection mode kicking in. I've had amps both home and car that would automaticaly shut themselves off if they either overheated or "thought" they were sending too loud of a signal. In some cases the same would happen if the amp "thought" it was recieving too loud a signal. I would try to duplicate the problem and keep a close eye on the amps and see if some sort of indicator light appears trying to tell you there's a problem. Some amps with protection modes have a seperate indicator light and I've seen others that the power/operation light will change from green to red. I had one a few years ago that i bought used and it would do what your describing, just cut out for a few seconds then start playing again. It was hitting the protection mode. I never did figure out what to do about it. I tried lowering the output level going to the amp and then turning the amp gain up to compensate, as well as vice-versa. I got fed up with it and just bought a new amp. I think it was broken when I bought it. Again, just my best guess. But I do hope you figure it out. Check your manual/info booklet and see if it mentions anything like a protection mode I described. Perhaps it may have some suggestions. Good luck.