Thread: Motor Mounts
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:40 AM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not too worried about noise, just that damn knock, which makes the engine hop and shake like all hell. The car came from a family member, and they blew it up. Sent it to a Honda dealership, and it came back pretty much just thrown together. The rear torsion mount that bolts to to back of the block was not even bolted in, and the mount by the timing cover/belts only has ONE bolt holding the mount up.

I seen on eBay mounts, but it was the mounts and the rubber, and they were like $300. I can't drop that cash, especially when I'm trying to build my K20 (bought just the short block (block, crank, pistons and rods, all the rest was stripped.) Got it for a rediculous deal, from an RSX that was totaled out.

Back on topic with the mounts, mainly just looking for the rubber itself. Also, I know how to do the mounts, but when I check out the inserts online, do they go inside the stock rubber in the mount, or comepletely replace it?

(Sorry for the long post, I type very fast, and it's easy for me to write a mini-essay.)