View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:49 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i know that, like i said i've been a tech for a number of years so i've got a pulley puller so i doubt the crankshaft will give me trouble. That and the 1/2" snap-on impact i have will make short work of that. I'm still looking more into it but i didnt realize that honda uses two belts on most of these blocks. A balancing belt and a timing belt. I have no issue doing the water pump at the same time, never seen one go out driving by a timing belt but i know its just a good thing to do cause if the pump seizes or quits working for whatever reason it'll cause stress on the belt, which could snap and fuck the engine over.

But now i'm faced with doing an h22 auto swap or spend the couple hundred on new parts for an F22 with 248,000 miles. I'm kinda leaning towards the H22. Never really done a swap but it doesn't look like anything i can't do. I have quite a bit of knowledge of where to get certain mounts and stuff from so maybe i'll just do that. Other thing that blows hole is the mazda headgasket began to show signs of destoration today. I smelled oil or burning wires, pop'd the hood and saw oil bubbling around the number 1 cyl spark plug . Granted that means i need to get my shit together and drop my f2 hybrid f2t in it like soon lol.